Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon
Valley: Maipo
Vintage

Winemaker's comments

Our estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon comes from Alto Jahuel, located in Chile’s famous Maipo Valley, one of the finest wine producing regions in the world. The result is an expressive ruby red colour wine. Its aromas recall ripe, black fruit gracefully combined with vanilla, tobacco and cloves. The result is a medium bodied wine, balanced and pleasant persistent wine.

See details winemaker

Vinification

Fermented with selected yeasts at temperatures between 25° and 28°C with high color extraction at the beginning of the this process. This was followed by fermentation at a lower temperature so as to ensure a different extraction of the skin components. A long post maceration at low temperatures assured an adequate extraction for the ageing of the wine. 60% of the wine was aged in a combination of American oak barrels for 8 months. The remaining 40% was aged exclusively in stainless steel vats until bottling.

Technicals details

pH: 3.66; Total Acidity: 3.29 g/l (Sulfuric acid); Alcohol: 13.9 % vol; Residual Sugar: 2.7 g/l

Suggested food

Ideal with red meats, pork, ripe cheese and pasta.

Winemaker's comments

Our estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon comes from Alto Jahuel, located in Chile’s famous Maipo Valley, one of the finest wine producing regions in the world. The result is an expressive, balanced and persistent wine. Its aromas recall ripe, black fruit, plums and fine herbs, gracefully combined with vanilla, cloves and fragrant spices. Aged up to eight months in American oak barrels, on the palate, its complex and body mingles soft tannins with a rich texture.

See details winemaker

Vinification

Fermented with selected yeasts at temperatures between 25° and 28°C with high color extraction at the beginning of the this process. This was followed by fermentation at a lower temperature so as to ensure a different extraction of the skin components. A long post maceration at low temperatures assured an adequate extraction for the ageing of the wine.

Technicals details

pH: 3.66; Total Acidity: 3.29 g/l (sulfuric acid); Alcohol: 13.9 % vol; Residual Sugar: 2.7 g/l

Suggested food

Ideal with red meats, pork, ripe cheese and pasta.
Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon
Vineyard

Location

40 km. to the south of Santiago in the piedmont of the Andes.

Surface

1,282 ha.

Varieties

Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and Cabernet Franc.

Climate

Semi-arid Mediterranean climate. Cold winter with moderate rains, warm and dry summer. Thermal oscillation which can exceed 20 ºC (68 º F).

Average annual temperature

13,9 ºC (57 ºF).

Average annual rainfall

400 mm.

Soil

Alluvial soil/ Colluvial soil.

Annual awards:

Wine Enthusiast - June 2011

Date: June 2011

Country: USA

Vintage: 2008

Award: 88 Points

International Wine Challenge - May 2010

Date: May 2010

Country: United Kingdom

Vintage: 2008

Award: Commended

Decanter World Award - May 2010

Date: May 2010

Country: United Kingdom

Vintage: 2008

Award: Bronze Medal

7th Annual Wines of Chile Awards - Enero 2010

Date: Enero 2010

Country: Chile

Vintage: 2008

Award: Bronze Medal

Wine Enthusiast - December 2009

Date: December 2009

Country: USA

Vintage: 2007

Award: 88 points

Comments: Best Buy" one of Chile's go-to Best Buy Cabernets. Always solid and well made, with this vintage giving off hickory, rubber and blackberry aromas in front of arich, tannic palate of wild berry, mesquite and leathery flavors. Roasted and heady on the finish

Wine Enthusiast - November 2009

Date: November 2009

Country: USA

Vintage: 2006

Award: 89 points

Comments: Top 100 Best Buys of the Year

Tasters Guild Journal - May 2009

Date: May 2009

Country: USA

Vintage: 2007

Award: Bronze Medal

Wine Spectator - November 2009

Date: November 2009

Country: USA

Vintage: 2007

Award: 83 points

International Wine Cellar - March 2009

Date: March 2009

Country: USA

Vintage: 2007

Award: 87 points

Wine Spectator - October 2008

Date: October 2008

Country: USA

Vintage: 2006

Award: 87 points

Wine Spectator - May 2008

Date: May 2008

Country: USA

Vintage: 2005

Award: 87 points

Comments: Top Value