Santa Rita renews for a new three-year period exclusive partnership with Arsenal23 de July de 2019
· The new agreement includes exclusivity on pouring rights on wines and sparkling wines from the Santa Rita Estates portfolio across Club Level and General Admission areas at Emirates Stadium.
· Arsenal – Santa Rita campaigns have reached over 123 million people over the first three years of the partnership.
Los Angeles, July 23rd, 2019. Arsenal’s preseason tour in the United States served as a backdrop for the renewal of the alliance between the English football club and top Chilean winery Santa Rita. The official agreement took place at Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey Hotel, with representatives of both companies signing the three-year agreement.
As part of the global marketing campaign “Living La Vida 120”, Santa Rita renewed the partnership with Arsenal aiming to reach consumers and football fans in all corners of the world with its shared values of history, class and tradition, while promoting its wines in key markets of Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Relevant aspects of the agreement include exclusivity on pouring rights on wines and sparkling wines from the Santa Rita Estates portfolio across Club Level and General Admission areas at Emirates Stadium, as well as branded LED signage around the pitch at every home Premier League, League Cup and FA Cup match each season. In addition, Arsenal will produce branded content for Santa Rita to be shared across both companies digital and communications platforms, including pieces focused on the Club’s Legends. Access to Arsenal’s Head Coach and Legends, are also included in the partnership.
Santa Rita’s Chairman Baltazar Sánchez commented, “We are delighted to continue building on this fruitful relationship with Arsenal, impacting both fans and consumers across the globe. Over the initial three-year period, Santa Rita reached millions of football fans on TV, as well as making our wines available to more than 5 million fans at Emirates Stadium in London. In addition, we have launched the exclusive Santa Rita Arsenal co-branded wine, bringing the Arsenal brand closer to our consumers.” He added, “For this new period as Official Wine Partner, we hope to strengthen our scope in key markets such as the UK and the Republic of Ireland; in Asia specifically in China, Japan and South Korea; and in Latin America, Brazil, Colombia and of course Chile”.
Arsenal Commercial Director, Peter Silverstone, said: “We’re delighted to extend our partnership with Santa Rita highlighting the value we place on building strong, long-term partnerships that can evolve. Since we began our relationship in 2016, we’ve worked with Santa Rita to build its presence in the UK & Ireland, China and Brazil, amongst other markets, and we look forward to working together to target further markets where Santa Rita can strengthen its position. Santa Rita’s wine has been incredibly popular with our supporters at Emirates Stadium, so they’ll be delighted that its premium wines will continue to be exclusively poured on matchdays and at our stadium events.”
During the first period of the partnership, Santa Rita conducted several Arsenal experiences aimed mainly at wine trade representatives and press from various countries, entertaining over 500 guests. Among them, five editions of the “120 Hours with Arsenal”, together with “120 Arsenal Experience Day”, have enabled further exposure of the brands to international markets, creating memorable moments for those participating.
Since 2016 —when Viña Santa Rita began the partnership with Arsenal— 120 sales have increased in 60% of the winery’s top ten markets, with a 7% overall growth during the 2017-2018 campaign. Conversely, the Santa Rita Arsenal campaigns have had a digital reach of over 84 million people, and an overall reach of 123 million people. Additionally, the brand has successfully introduced the 120 Arsenal FC Edition wine, present in key markets as Brazil, China, Hong Kong and England.
ABOUT SANTA RITA
· Established in 1880, Santa Rita is one of Chile’s oldest and most respected wineries
· Santa Rita is the number #1 selling wine brand in Chile
· Santa Rita is the top selling wine brand in the off-trade in Ireland and as 120 Santa Rita/
Gran Hacienda is the top selling premium wine brand in the restaurant trade in Ireland and the UK
· Santa Rita owns over 3,700 hectares of Wines of Chile Certified Sustainable vineyards in the following wine valleys: Limarí, Casablanca, Leyda, Maipo, Colchagua, Apalta, Maule, Rapel and Curico
· Brands under the Santa Rita Label include: 120, Secret Reserve, Reserva, National Gallery Series, Medalla Real, Floresta, Pehuen, Triple C and Bougainville. The top wine is Casa Real
· Oscar Salas is winemaker for the Santa Rita 120, Reserva, Gran Hacienda and Secret Reserve wines
· Sebastían Labbé is winemaker of Medalla Real, Floresta, Pehuen, Triple C, Bougainville and Casa Real
· In 1987 Santa Rita was the first Chilean winery to win the Gault Millau Olympiades in Paris beating a number of top Bordeaux chateau
· Santa Rita Casa Real 1989 was awarded the prestigious ‘Wine Legend’ status by Decanter Magazine and was the first wine from South America to achieve this recognition ranking it alongside some of the most historic wines of the world
· Santa Rita is recognised as one of ‘The World’s Most Admired Wine Brands’ by Drinks International
· Viña Santa Rita was awarded ‘Ethical Company of the Year’ at the drinks business Green Awards 2015
· Santa Rita was awarded ‘Winery of the Year 2016’ by Wines of Chile
· Santa Rita received the 2016 Corporate Sustainability Award presented by SOFOFA (Federation of Chilean Industry)
· May 2019, Viña Santa Rita is recognised as the #1 winery in Chile according to RepTrak which evaluates and ranks Chilean companies according to reputation, work environment, integrity, products and services offered.
· Santa Rita is the official Wine Partner of Arsenal Football Club
· Santa Rita has partnered with The National Gallery to create a line of limited-edition wines using images from the Gallery. A percentage of the profits of each bottle sold will go back to the National Gallery
· Santa Rita is part of the Santa Rita Estates (SRE) portfolio
ABOUT ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB
Arsenal Football Club was born when a group of workers at Dial Square armaments factory in Woolwich, notably exiled Scotsman David Danskin and Jack Humble, decided to form a football team to break the monotony of factory life.
Since that Dial Square team played its first match against Eastern Wanderers in 1886, Arsenal has gone on to become one of London’s most successful football clubs and one of the most famous names in modern football with millions of passionate followers worldwide.
Steeped in history and tradition, Arsenal Football Club has thrived on a pioneering and innovative spirit that has existed throughout its 133 years in existence. While society and football may have changed during this time, Arsenal has always served to create a sense of community for people in Islington, across the UK and now around the world.
Last newsSee all
19 Oct, 2019
24 Sep, 2019
23 Sep, 2019